Friday, December 4, 2020

It's so much more!

I thought writing a book was going to be hard. I'm talking about the actual writing part. The outlines, the ideas, getting everything to line up the way I wanted it to. The edits, the re-writes. Etc...

Turns out, that was the easy part.

I have published my first book, I'm getting ready to release it's sequel, and I'm on chapter 6 of the next story. And guess what? It turns out that writing the story is the easy part! It's everything that follows that becomes the real work. Everything is still new, everything is subjective, and when I'm in the weeds I just want to go back to the writing, the dreaming. The creating! The stuff I think I'm good at.Who knew there was so much more to this?  <Insert wink here.>

But I suppose that at the end of the day, if someone has liked my book, it was worth all the effort it took to put it on the shelf. 

This morning became one of those days.  My husband finished reading the draft to my second book, and he loved it.  You might automatically think to yourself, well of course he loved it, he's your husband, he's supposed to love it. But when I tell you that this is high praise coming from him, I mean it. Because if it stunk, he'd be the first one to tell me how bad it was.

So from my perspective, it feels like I'm heading into December on a very positive note, and I'm just hoping it gets better from here. So, even though November was full of frustration, I'm pressing on and expecting good things.

I also hope that I don't get so bogged down with everything I'm doing at the moment, that I forget the other 99 things I'm supposed to be doing. I can operate in complete tunnel vision mode if I'm not careful. I had aimed at getting the Christmas tree up after Thanksgiving dinner, and it's still sitting in the box staring at me. But before I can think about setting up the tree, I need to finish emails, and this blog, and some left over chapter 6 edits, and then....What was doing again? Oh yes! I was enjoying the victory of making one person happy with my story!




No comments:

Post a Comment

  From Kimberlee Dodge: The Haunting of Hope Farm The Conclusion of the Jack Cohen Series! Following their sudden departure from the Schoo...