Friday, January 1, 2021

Winner Announced | New Year New You


Hosted by Mama the Fox

Welcome to The Kimi Dodge Blog and our first blog hop of 2021!

I am a newly self-published author of the Middle School Paranormal Mystery The Ghost of Forlorn LaneThis book is the first of a three-part series called The J Club, and the second amazing book, The Ghost of Hidden Lake, will be released on January 5th.

Like many others, I cannot wait to say my goodbyes to 2020 and leave this long, strange year behind. I’m sure I’m not alone when I say this has been one of the hardest years I’ve endured. I thought when I lost my daughter that I could never hurt on that level again. But 2020 started in a daze as I lost one of my dearest friends, Christopher, quite unexpectedly on Easter Sunday. With each loss that came after, it reopened old wounds. Especially when we had to say goodbye to my daughter’s cat, whose care had fallen to me after her death 4 years ago. I felt like I had failed her somehow, and it was hard to accept once again that there are some things I have no control over.

2020 hasn’t been completely awful, as it has taught me that nothing is accomplished by sitting around waiting for things to get better. I also discovered I am braver than I thought I was. As the New Year approaches, I’m going to take all those positive things with me. Writing through this past year and through the hard parts of it has been very therapeutic for me. Next year I intend to work harder and step out of my comfort zone more. And Covid-19 permitting, I am also looking forward to the arrival of my long-awaited second grandchild! I can’t think of any better news to start the year with!

For this hop, I will be offering one winner a $10USD Amazon Gift Card.


Now that you've entered my giveaway, please hop around to the other amazing blogs!

 

MamatheFox and all participating blogs are not held responsible for sponsors who fail to fulfill their prize obligations.

26 comments:

  1. My experience was more with my teen. She takes krav maga and a guy with a chainsaw came up and touched her from behind and she kicked him in the face out of fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was growing up, there was a dilapidated house at the end of our road that we all assumed was haunted. As teens we went to the house and played with the Ouija board, but never got to play because the bats scared us and we ran screaming from the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had any haunted house experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had a haunted house experience! Thanks for the giveaway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a bad experience at a haunted house as a kid where the monsters grabbed you in the dark and there was strobe lights. I was so scared I never went to a haunted house again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. The house I grew up in. This is what got me interested in the paranormal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I don't believe in ghosts.

    abfantom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not experienced haunted house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to read ghost stories -- especially those with a haunted house!
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen a ghost multiple times in my grandmas old house

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never had any experiences with the supernatural.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never been in a haunted house before.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, I haven't had any experience in a haunted house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes. The house we live in was built in the 1890s and it is haunted. We had a psychic come in and she said that we have a portal in our closet. We had SO much activity, it was crazy. She sealed the portal with crystals and the activity has we went down. She said we also have Fred here who helped build or owned the house.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I've been to a few real ones. Very weird!

    ReplyDelete
  16. No I don't believe in haunted houses.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nope, no haunted houses.
    Thanks for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. No, I haven’t had any haunted house experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  19. not really, but my son is pretty convinced our house has a ghost or two.

    ReplyDelete
  20. No, I've never had a haunted house experience!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, my husband and I's first date was to a haunted house in our hometown and when we went through everyone was on a break and we just walked right through. We still laugh about that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. No I've never had experiences with haunted houses

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had two experiences in the house that I grew up in, both in the same room. Definitely can't explain them and always remember them when thinking about the nature of life or the world or what have you.

    ReplyDelete

  From Kimberlee Dodge: The Haunting of Hope Farm The Conclusion of the Jack Cohen Series! Following their sudden departure from the Schoo...